Monday, June 14, 2010

Becoming Still

My Precious Daughter,

You know the quietness of the morning. How peaceful and calm the world seems to be. The beauty of the light that bounces off the dew on the grass. The stillness of the trees. The absence of bustle and noise. The soft songs of the birds. It's just so peaceful, so perfect.

Stillness is what I want you to strive for. That quieting of your mind; putting all things aside except for us. Let Me do the talking, for My voice is softness and stillness; peaceful and clam. I can and will pour out volumes of wisdom and love; who you are and who I am.

As you fervently seek my face, you will begin to experience more and more of the ability to experience the stillness; not just in our times together, but in every facet of your life. And, with that stillness will come wisdom, joy, peace, abundance, calmness and your ability to truly give all of who I am to others.

Keep your appointment with Me daily. I wake you so that we can spend time together in the stillness of the morning. I have so much for you, not the least of which is an extra measure of energy for you. In your faithfulness to be still, I will give you the energy to move calmly, peacefully and efficiently through your day.

I love you, My precious daughter. I have everything you need. Spend time with Me and ask; seek My face and receive. You are Mine.

I love you.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, touching, a God-breathed word! Well done Joan, proud of you!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the middle of the night last Sunday I was awakened by the Lord and the passage of scripture on my heart was Zephaniah 3 beginning at verse 14 to the end of the chapter. The phrase that stool out like a bolt of lightening was..."He will quiet you with his love". Thanks for reminding me today. pk

    ReplyDelete