Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Ask

Ask ... ask specifically ... this is what God wants us to do. He actually wants us to tell Him exactly what we want, what we need each day. In Matthew 7:7, Jesus said "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you." He said ask!

Asking for myself does not come easily when I approach the throne of God. I guess I know to ask for covering and protection and peace, but I typically place myself at the bottom of my list of prayers. I have often felt it was selfish or I was unworthy, and it was better for me to ask for the benefit of others first. Besides, doesn't God already know what I need? The Omnipotent, Omniscient, Omnipresent God ... doesn't He already know? The truth is God does know, but His word clearly says ask.

Last night, in a special class on prayer that Pat and I are taking, this was the topic of discussion. We learned that we must first petition the Lord for our needs and that we must be specific. We learned we could ask, with faith, for anything that is pleasing to God if we are abiding with Him. We were encouraged to ask for every need, boldly and with specificity. We read scripture after scripture that supported this principle ... Ask!

So, this morning, I set out on this new adventure ... I made a list of my specific requests and nestled into my prayer corner. I spent time praising God for all He is and all He has done. I confessed the stumbling blocks in my life and asked Him to replace them with attitudes that glorified Him. Then, I got out my list and boldly prayed specifically for my needs, my desires - specifically for the outcome I was seeking. I then continued on and petitioned for my loved ones and the prayer needs of my many friends. I praised Him again for His faithfulness and ended it all in Jesus' mighty name. Then, as I always do, I sat and waited to hear His voice.

As I wrote His words I was overjoyed with His response. This response is not just for me. No, this is God's heart for each of us. To boldly approach His throne as Esther did in the fifth chapter of the book bearing her name. To ask specifically as Jabez did in 1 Chronicles 4:9-10. Jesus is asking "What do you want Me to do," and we can humbly ask Him for the needs of every part of our day.

Ask ... Jesus is waiting. He wants you to come to Him; to ask. He will hear and He will answer. He loves you.


My Precious Daughter,

I delight in  your praises to Me. I am blessed by your desire to tarry with Me, seek My face, pour out your heart in faith knowing I will answer. Stand fast in this new found routine, beloved. For I am faithful. Watch and see how I move in your life. Take note of My mighty hand moving the mountains in front of you. Stand in amazement as your prayers and My will join together and change lives - change your life.

Beloved, I have been waiting for this time. I have been waiting for you to lay your specific requests at My feet. I have been waiting to move faithfully because you ask. I have been waiting to shower you with even more blessing than you can think or dream.

Dear one, do not give up. Pursue Me with your whole heart. I will  not hold back My plans, My provision, My love. Keep a list of your petitions and watch the answers I send. Get ready, precious daughter, for the flood gates of heaven are about to be opend, and I shall pour out all of who I am upon you.

Lift your hands, your head, your eyes toward My throne room. Seek My face with abandon. I have waited for this moment in time. Tarry with Me. Ask and you shall receive. Get ready, beloved. Be thankful always and receive My grace, My mercy, My blessing.

I love you.


James 4:2b - Yet you do not have because you do not ask.

John 16:23-24 - 23At that time you won't need to ask me for anything. The truth is, you can go directly to the Father and ask him, and he will grant your request because you use my name. 24You haven't done this before. Ask, using my name, and you will receive, and you will have abundant joy.

Luke 18:41 - Then Jesus asked the man, "What do you want me to do for you?" "Lord," he pleaded, "I want to see!" .

No comments:

Post a Comment