Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The High Road

There are times in my life when I just want to run ... to escape from the garbage that is pouring down around me. I don't mean to sound negative, depressing or hopeless. It's just that there are those times when words, situations or troubles begin to feel like they are rising like a flood around my ankles and I just want to disappear, flee, take the high road.

The Bible has stories of men just like that - Gideon, Jonah and David, just to name a few. These men, in the middle of their circumstances, chose to run, flee, take the high road. Away from their troubles, away from their fears, away from the world. But, God, who loved them so much brought them back, girded them up and set them back on a path of righteousness.

When we are in the midst of life, joyfully set on being about our Father's business, the enemy of our soul is displeased. So, he sets his sights on us and plots to bring us down. He is crafty and sly. Often we don't see it coming until we're smack dab in the middle of his evil barrage. His plan is to steal our joy, rob us of our purpose and render us useless for God. He uses tactics that hit us where we are most vulnerable and often without out our immediate notice. He uses situations, finances and even loved ones to carry out his schemes.

Recently, I have felt that way. My mind is set on doing my Father's work and loving every minute of it. I have a joy that is overflowing and a purpose to serve with abandon. But, Satan has other plans. I didn't see it coming, but then there it was. It took me backward for a moment. But, God, who loves me so much brought me back, girded me up and set me on the path of righteousness. I stand with my arms open wide ready and willing to do His will - sheltered by His wings - His banner over me, which is love - this is "High Road" I am choosing to take.

Your Heavenly Father, the Creator and your God is calling you to take His high road today. In the midst of the attack, stand your ground, raise your eyes to the heavens and call out to the Lord. He will rescue you ... He promises that .... His word is our guide and His answers are our proof of His love.

If you are feeling like taking the high road today, choose the one that is narrow and built upon the Rock of Jesus. You will not be left alone. You will be rescued, girded up and put back on the path of righteousness.

Hear His words to you today -

My Precious Daughter,

Fear not, for I am with you always. There are no words, no actions, no struggles that can shake you from the protection of My hand. Yes, beloved, you can choose to walk away from Me, but nothing has the power to snatch you from My loving grasp.

You are stronger, more grounded in My love and who I am. Let that strength wash over you like a healing balm. Let My love lift you above your circumstances and hold you up as the storm passes beneath you. The enemy has no chance, no hold, no hope. Your hope lies in Me and I will not fail you. For I am the Lord your God, Jehovah Shalom - The God of Peace. I am El Shaddai - Almighty God.

Speak strongly against the words of accusation that seek to pull you down. Do not wear them like sack cloth and ashes, but put on the full armor that I have given you. Stand firm on the rock of My word. The shield you hold protects you from the darts of lies which proceed from the mouth of the accuser. Walk confidently knowing that armor that protects you and the hedge of My love which surrounds you will keep you safe in every circumstance. Fix your eyes on My face and your path will be made straight. Your journey will end in victory, because I am your protection. I am the banner over you.

You are My child, My creation, My delight. There is no need to run, no need to flee. Hide beneath the shadow of My wings and find your peace. Take My hand, choose My high road, the narrow path and be free.

I love you.


Judges 6:13-16  - 13Gideo6n said to Him, "O my lord, if the LORD is with us, why then has all this happened to us? And where are all His miracles which our fathers told us about, saying, 'Did not the LORD bring us up from Egypt?' But now the LORD has forsaken us and delivered us into the hands of the Midianites."14Then the LORD turned to him and said, "Go in this might of yours, and you shall save Israel from the hand of the Midianites. Have I not sent you?"15So he said to Him, "O my Lord, how can I save Israel? Indeed my clan is the weakest in Manasseh, and I am the least in my father's house."16And the LORD said to him, "Surely I will be with you, and you shall defeat the Midianites as one man." 

Jonah 1:13 -  13But Jonah arose to flee to Tarshish from the presence of the LORD. He went down to Joppa, and found a ship going to Tarshish; so he paid the fare, and went down into it, to go with them to Tarshish from the presence of the LORD. 

Judges 6:24 - So Gideon built an altar there to the LORD, and called it The-LORD-Is-Peace. To this day it is still in Ophrah of the Abiezrites.

Genesis 17:1 -  When Abram was ninety-nine years old, the LORD appeared to Abram and said to him, "I am Almighty God; walk before Me and be blameless. 

Psalm 62:7 - In God is my salvation and my glory; The rock of my strength, And my refuge, is in God.

No comments:

Post a Comment