Thursday, February 3, 2011

A Plan of Escape

Have you ever had one of those awkward dreams where you find yourself standing naked in a crowd? Wow, I hope I'm not alone ... I'm sure I'm not.

The truth is that we often feel that way ... standing naked in a crowd although we are fully clothed ... vulnerable, clumsy, uneasy. I can remember times when a situation I was in would make me that uncomfortable. I wanted to run away, but there was no where to run and no excuse to leave.

I can remember seasons in my life when I felt the same way. I wanted to hide until the storm passed, until the embarrassment was long forgotten, until I didn't feel alone amid the throngs of people around me. Could I please sleep through this and wake up when it's over?

But, God! God was there ... He's everywhere. Why didn't I think to call on Him? Why did I allow the circumstances of my life to cloud my mind so much that I didn't even stop, cry out His name and call Him to my rescue? How could I possibly forget even for a moment that He sent His son to die a sinner's death so that I would never have to be alone again?

God's Word, the Bible, is full of "plans for escape" in these moments. He has laid out all the ways that we can walk calmly from the crowd when we are naked into His arms of love. He has shown us how to clothe ourselves in His righteousness, with His armor, so that we are never left "uncovered" in any situation.

Let the Lord's words speak to you today so that you can walk through the storms, the situations and the everyday "darts" that are flying at us continually. He has the answer ... He IS our answer.


My Precious Daughter,

Come rest at My feet. Come hide beneath the shadow of My wings. Come lay your head on My lap. Let Me stroke your hair and whisper My words of love to you. Let me give you rest from the storm that is raging in your life. Let Me sing over you and restore your peace. Let Me dance with you and restore your joy.

Beloved, as the battle ensues just outside your door, never forget to seek Me first. Before you step out into the fray, clothe yourself with My armor, from  head to toe. And, dear one, as you walk fully-equipped with my armor do not forget to invite My Holy spirit to fill you, go with you and comfort you.

Cover yourself with My love and protection for I am Jehovah Nissi, the banner over you. I am Jehovah Tsidkkenu, the God of righteousness. I am Jehovah Shaloam, the God of peace.

Now, precious child, step out into your day knowing you are covered in power, strength and love. Know you are able to safely walk through this moment, without a hint of the sting of the enemy's darts hitting you.

You are My child. I am your loving Father, your King, Your Jehovah. I AM!

I love  you.


Eph. 6:11 - Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes.

Ex. 17:15 - And Moses built an altar and called its name, The-LORD-Is-My-Banner;

Jer. 23:6 - In His days Judah will be saved, And Israel will dwell safely; Now this is His name by which He will be called: THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Judges 6:24 - So Gideon built an altar to the LORD there and called it The LORD is Peace. To this day it stands in Ophrah of the Abiezrites.

1 comment: