Thursday, February 17, 2011

Just Ask

In the midst of this crazy economy, I have had many conversations with people who are facing tough situations including unemployment, income decreases, the closure of their personal businesses ... even the threat of losing the homes they have worked so hard to maintain. It is certainly not easy to walk daily when you feel so uncertain about your living situation, your livelihood, your peace.

I, too, have been through these trials. My husband and I walked through job loss, endless phone calls from bill collectors, the loss of our home and relocation to another part of the state. In the midst of this unnerving set of circumstances and the heartbreaking task of leaving precious family and friends, we knew Jesus was ever present. As I felt the weight of sadness and loss, He especially walked me through this tough time .... even carrying me ...  with His peace and amazing grace.

As I look back now, two years later, I can see the way God's mighty hand moved with gentleness and mercy. He has restored to us more than I would have ever imagined. I have a peace and contentment now that I have never known. Lord has provided so much blessing and provision that we are in awe of how He is working in our lives.

I believe strongly the fruit we are experiencing is a direct result of our commitment to seek Him daily. While, I often fall short of being "perfect" in this area, He gently nudges me to remind me He is there waiting, desiring me to come to Him. Each time, I find solace, refreshment, encouragement and the ability to rejoice in every circumstance of my life. He is still perfecting me, still diligently working on me and still loving me .... just as I am.

For those who are struggling with what to do, where to turn, how to get through the next ordeal, seek the Lord. He says you have not, because you ask not. His Word says He is knocking at your door waiting for you to answer. He is a gentleman; He will not barge in. He stands beckoning you to run into His outstretched arms and receive the peace and joy you so desperately desire.

God has all the answers, the provision and the love to get you through this time. Won't you turn to Him today and allow Him to ease your fear, calm the storm and set you on the mountain top.

Hear His words to you ...


My Precious Daughter,

I have inclined my ear to your prayers. I have collected each one and set My plans into action. I have sanctified you and set you apart for such a time as this. I have not forsaken you. No, I have great plans for your life.

Trust in Me, beloved, for I am working and moving in your life each day to perfect you. As you focus on Me, I am able to do great things. When you invite My presence into your life, mighty is the work I can accomplish.

Dear one, no stumbling block or hindrance will impede you from the work of My hands. As you ask, I will remove each one and set you back on the path of righteousness. Ask, my beloved daughter, and I shall move. Diligently seek My face, spend time with Me, study My word. Mountains will crumble before you and victory will be ours.

Lay every care, every burden at My feet. Come to Me, humbly and confess your trespasses. Sing praises to My name - for I am great and greatly to be praised. Come just as you are with thanksgiving and I will be honored. Trust in Me wholly and your faith will be renewed. Take My hand and walk with Me. I will make your path straight. For I am your Lord, your God, your King. I am your loving Father and protector.

Bring everything to Me, lay it down and rest  your head. Your life and your heart are in My mighty and gentle hands.

I love you.


James 4:2 - You want what you don't have, so you scheme and kill to get it. You are jealous for what others have, and you can't possess it, so you fight and quarrel to take it away from them. And yet the reason you don't have what you want is that you don't ask God for it.

Psa. 145:3 - Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised; And His greatness is unsearchable.

Isa. 40:31 - But those who wait on the LORD Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

No comments:

Post a Comment