Thursday, March 10, 2011

Majesty

The Merriam-Webster Dictionary defines the word majesty as sovereign power, authority or dignity; a word used in addressing or referring to sovereigns; greatness or splendor or quality of character. Each one of these descriptions suits God to a tee, yet He is so much more.

In 1978, Pastor Jack Hayford penned these beautiful words:

Majesty, worship his majesty
Unto Jesus be all glory, power and praise
Majesty, kingdom authority flow from his throne
Unto his own his anthem raise
So exalt lift up on high the name of Jesus
Magnify, come glorify Christ Jesus the king
Majesty, worship his majesty
Jesus who died now glorified
King of all kings.
 
"Majesty" became a powerful and popular tribute to the splendor and glory of the God who created the heavens and the earth, placed the stars in the sky and knows the number of hairs upon our head. I remember with fond nostalgia singing this song with my youngest son, Andrew, as I drove him to school each morning. The song preceded the broadcast of Pastor Jack's radio show, Living Word. When it came on, we would joyously belt out every line in unison. It was a difficult time in my life, but singing that song with Andrew seemed to put everything into perspective. The words echoed my own heart, extolling the God who rules and reigns over all the world, yet calls me His own. The majestic, magnificent, powerful, awesome Lord God Almighty cared enough to take a small moment each day to knit my heart with my son's and create a precious memory as we sang together in praise to Him.

As we take time daily to praise God for His majesty and all that He is, He listens and takes pleasure in our words, songs and meditations. He delights in our worship, adoration and offerings. The Bible says that praising God is a sacrifice that honors Him. And, as with the Israelites, when we offer our sacrifice of praise it is a sweet aroma to the Lord.
 
Won't you allow Him to speak to you today about who He is and what your praise means to Him.
 

My Precious Daughter,

How I love to hear you praise My name. How I long to hear  your words of love lifted up to me like sweet incense filling My throne room. How it blesses Me and honors Me when you glorify My name.

Precious child, you are a delight to Me. You are a sparkling gem and a treasure crafted by My strong and gentle hands. I am molding and shaping you each day.

Hold fast to My word and the testimony of My son. Fix your eyes on the blessings of Heaven and shun the lust of earthly things. Righteousness, peace and joy are your portion today, for you are My chosen and beloved child.

Continue to lift up My name. Continue to send praise and surround yourself with My glory. The enemy has no hold on you when you extoll Me as your Lord and King.

Be blessed today, dear one. Be reminded that I am with you always to the end of days, and My favor is upon you. Be blessed for you are set apart, sanctified, for My glory. You are My beloved daughter.

I love you


Psalm 50:23 - But giving thanks [praise] is a sacrifice that truly honors me. If you keep to my path, I will reveal to you the salvation of God." 
 
Mal. 1:11 - But my name is honored by people of other nations from morning till night. All around the world they offer sweet incense and pure offerings in honor of my name. For my name is great among the nations," says the LORD Almighty.

Habakuk 3:3 - I see God, the Holy One, moving across the deserts from Edom and Mount Paran. His brilliant splendor fills the heavens, and the earth is filled with his praise! What a wonderful God he is! 
 
Hebrews 13:15 - With Jesus' help, let us continually offer our sacrifice of praise to God by proclaiming the glory of his name.


1 comment:

  1. Even as the tears fall, I resolve to praise His Majestic and Soverign Name. How fitting that this was your post today. God truly knows the words our hearts long to hear from Him.
    I am blessed by your posting. To everyone that reads it, God knits His perfect love deeper to their hearts.
    I love you, Joan. Always and forever you will be special to me.

    ReplyDelete