Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year; New Mercies Each Day

Over the past several days in posts and sermons I have heard how we have a God of second chances; new year - new beginnings. We can make resolutions and fresh starts to our lives as this year unfolds.

But, what I am reminded of is that His mercies are new EVERY morning. That is amazing! It means that we have a fresh start each day, another chance to do better, walk taller, keep our feet on the path of our destiny; and most especially grow closer to God.

Each time we stumble, falter, even fail, it is not the end. No, because tomorrow and the next day and the next and the next we get a fresh start, a new beginning, another "second chance" to be all that the Lord has called us to become.


My Precious Daughter,

Each day I give you new mercies. My grace abounds over you, and you are never far from My heart, My hand. I love you perfectly and work to see that perfection completed in you.

As you walk daily, you may stumble and fall, but I am always there to set you back on your feet. When the direction you choose takes you headlong into the storms, I am there to protect you and steer you back on course. When the circumstances of life fill your heart with frustration, defeat or helplessness, I send My Holy Spirit to fill you up, bring you peace and give you hope for the plans and future I have designed for you.

Beloved child, yes, a new year is ahead - new adventure, new growth, new opportunity. And, dear one, each day brings the same. For My mercies are new each morning bringing fresh hope, unending peace and My abiding love.

I love you.


Lam. 3:22, 23 - Through the LORD's mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness. 

Psalm 103:8 - The LORD is merciful and gracious, Slow to anger, and abounding in mercy.

1 comment:

  1. I saw your link in Mark Virkler's newsletter, so I had to come and visit! Exciting to 'meet' you and to learn what He is doing in and through your life.

    I so love knowing that His mercies are new EVERY day! A good word for the New Year!

    Wishing you glimpses of heaven in unexpected places! And blessings for courage to continue on His blogging path for you!

    These are exciting times..........

    ReplyDelete