Monday, January 24, 2011

Leftovers

I was raised on leftovers ... my mom was a great cook and could turn the second round into another delicious meal. So, as a wife, I often heat up leftovers for my wonderful hubby to enjoy yet again. It's a great way to stretch the food budget of two empty-nesters, and we get to eat great meals!

But, God doesn't want our leftovers. No, He wants our first fruit. It's not just our crops or our tithes - the tenth of our wealth which He provides - He desires first fruit from the bounty of who we are. He wants us to give Him the best of our time, our talents, our treasures ... the best of the best of what we have each day; and He waits patiently for it.

Over the past several weeks, I have noticed that I have been serving God a lot of leftovers. He hasn't complained, but it's not what He has me asked for. And, being that He is the the provider of the feast of my life, I believe He certainly deserves the best - the first fruits - at all times. He hasn't stopped blessing me; He hasn't stopped loving me. I have, however, noticed that I am not experiencing the great peace and joy I have when I put Him first in my day ... when I give Him my first fruits every morning.

Today, as I journaled I said this - "I ask you, Father, to shed light on these dark areas of my life [poor sleep patterns, laziness and the fear that I allow to get in the way of my time with Him] so that I may move them out, change them, get healing. My goal, dear Lord, is to be all that you have called me to be. To be a pillar of righteousness for your sake and to be a perveyor of your love. I ask you, Father, in my weakness to be my strength. To remove the laziness, fear and lethargy that keep me from walking in wholeness with you. I ask you to take me from leftovers to first fruit - for that is what you deserve and what I long to give you."

Are you struggling with giving your first fruit to the Lord? Here is what He says to you today ...

My Precious Daughter,

How I look forward to our time together. How I long to hold your attention and speak to you of your life, your longings. How I love to hear your praises to Me. And, beloved, how I long for you to lay every burden, every care, every situation at My feet. When you tarry with Me, My ear is inclined to you. When you ask in Jesus' name the battle for righteousness is launched in each situation. When you pour out your heart, your longings, your desires I am pleased and long to fulfill your dreams. When you sit and talk with Me, I can begin to do all the work that is needed, set the armies of angels in motion, pour out My blessings and cover you with My love.

Beloved, I do not want your leftovers. No, dear one, I want your first fruits, your best, the abundance of your day. I wait patiently  each moment for you. I am always here awaiting your audience. I am always here awaiting your invitation for My presence in your day. Make Me your main course, your first fruit for each day and watch how your world - your life - becomes more full.

First fruit - not leftovers - you are My desire. Make Me yours, too.

I love you.


Psalm 119:1147 - I rise early, before the sun is up; I cry out for help and put my hope in your words.

Neh. 10:35 - We promise always to bring the first part of every harvest to the LORD's Temple--whether it be a crop from the soil or from our fruit trees.

John 15:16 - You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you.

No comments:

Post a Comment