Friday, May 26, 2023

Brand New


16 I am the Lord, who opened a way through the waters, making a path right through the sea. 17 I called forth the mighty army of Egypt with all its chariots and horses, to lie beneath the waves, dead, their lives snuffed out like candlewicks. 18 But forget all that—it is nothing compared to what I’m going to do! 19 For I’m going to do a brand-new thing. See, I have already begun! Don’t you see it? I will make a road through the wilderness of the world for my people to go home and create rivers for them in the desert!          Isaiah 43:16-19 (Living Bible)


The Lord is relentless in His pursuit of us. Whether it’s to seek Him, accept Him, follow after Him, or simply obey Him, He knows what's best for us. And, because He loves us so, He doesn't give up. Yes, there are times He leaves us to our own devices, an experience with which I am quite familiar, but His great love for us and His desire for relationship with us means He continues to chase after us and draw us back into His plan for our lives. He makes everything better than it was before, far more desirable than our own feeble plans can accomplish. Even in our stubbornness, He calls out to us, to show us a better path ... His path ... His desire ... His plan. And all the while we are running wild on our own, He is there watching, waiting, pursuing. 

 God is so good. He has been after Me to take up this assignment for years, and for years I have procrastinated, argued, made excuses, and ignored His promptings. The word I share today is personal to me. I hope it becomes personal to you.  

What is God calling you to in this season? Is it time to turn to Him as He does a brand-new thing in your life? 



My Precious Daughter, 

Oh, the joy! The joy to have you sitting here at My feet as I recline, and we share this time together. Isn’t it a great word picture to have as you listen and write My words. I am not the formal, stiff, and staunchy God you once perceived Me as. No, beloved, I am your Daddy, your Abba Father who sits waiting for you to climb up onto My lap, settle into My arms, lay your head on My chest and rest in Me as I wrap My loving arms around you. This is My desire every day. Let’s make it yours too. 

Precious daughter, My love for you is constant, enduring and never ending. My desires for your life are the ones I plant deep in your heart. You never need to be nervous, anxious, or tentative about sitting and writing to Me or writing the words that come from Me. Just write, dear one. When you feel the questions rising in you, stop and take a deep breath, let Holy Spirit wash over you and resume writing more. When you are finished and you read My words back, you know where they came from. You know I am the author, and you are the pen. You know that you know I AM and My words are sure. Do not worry about what others may think, how they will receive or what they may say. Beloved, I move in each person individually. These words you write and share touch the receivers as I choose them to be touched. 

Dear one, I have set you here for such a time as this. There are many who need to know My great love for them. I can use the things you write to move hearts, change lives, and bring life to otherwise stagnant souls. Rejoice in this gift. Celebrate the relationship you and I have. You are My precious daughter, My great instrument of love. This is where you belong. 

I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment