Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Laying Aside the Past

After months of silence, I am once again being called to share the precious words I receive each day. I pray that my experience and transparency will allow the Lord to speak directly to your heart today.

Hebrews 12:1-2 -  1 Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2 looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Laying aside every weight, turning from our past and fixing our eyes on the goal – an abundant life in Christ … what a perfect scenario in which to live. This was not at all my personal experience in 2011. In the midst of circumstances that rivaled any in my middle-aged life, keeping my eye on Jesus became more and more difficult. The dreams I so tightly held in my heart, began to fall one by one to the ground and were crushed beneath the feet of the Oppressor. My hope in my future, my very life, became more and more dim. I was broken beyond recognition. My family and friends barely recognized me … even I didn’t know who I was anymore. I became a shell of the woman who started out the year with great expectations. I was bruised, battered and believed I would never be whole again.
But God! I have a Father in Heaven who loves me beyond my capability to understand. How could I have known how securely He was holding me, putting salve on my wounds and nursing me back to life? I should have known; I didn’t see it. And, so here I am today well on my way becoming a new creation in Christ. Putting my trust in only Him and knowing, no matter what He is with me. Willingly climbing my way back onto His lap and into His will. Sitting silently at His feet anxious to hear His still small voice loving and guiding me again. I am learning to once again seek Him with anticipation of all that He has in store for me.
2011 is done and 2012 is ahead. I do not know what the year holds, but I do know who holds my year in His hands. I am so grateful for His patience with me. I am overwhelmed by His ability to carry me through the roughest of times. I am filled with praise for the One who takes me as I am, washes me clean and sets me on the Rock that is higher than I.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart …. He will never let you down.
My Precious Daughter,
How I have longed for you to tarry with Me once again. How I have searched and called and waited for your heart to be reconnected in this time with Me. Beloved, when you lay aside your time with Me your understanding, hearing, vision and wisdom are clouded. Let Me renew these things to you – beginning today.  Let Me begin to bring you to a new understanding, a new walk with Me. As you submit to My will, My prompting, your life will change in a marvelous way. Leave behind the past year. Lay it at My alter and look forward to a new beginning. Each day, beloved is a new beginning. Each day My mercy and grace over you is renewed. Each day I pour out blessing, wisdom strength and goodness for you to share. You are My precious daughter, whom I love greatly. What lies ahead for you this year, dear one, is unknown. But, I know the plans I have for you … your future is filled with hope. Look not to your past or others for answers, but keep your gaze fixed on My Holy face. There is no shadow of turning from Me. My commitment desire and faithfulness to you, precious daughter, are sure and true. I am here and I will not let you down. No, I am holding you tightly, knowing all is well in every situation because I am at your side. Beloved, put your faith in Me alone and I will guide your footsteps. Your future, your hope and you life are in My capable and loving hands. I love you.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back, my friend... I have missed your writing... <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. yey she's back,hd missed your lovely letters and u of course :))

    ReplyDelete